Follow this simple guide on how and when to water to save your plants when the weather is dry:
- Early morning is the best time to water.
- Water slowly and long. When the earth is dry and hard, it takes time for moisture to seep deep into the soil.
- Water plant containers daily, and other plants only as needed.
- Water young trees weekly; mature trees every two weeks,
- Once rains start, grass will revive no matter how brown and dormant they look. So give the lawn lowest watering priority. Once monthly to keep it alive, but a lot of water to keep it green.