For as long as Jamaicans have owned homes, they have longed to improve them, through remodels renovations and decoration. Additionally, with the proliferation of cable TV, TV shows such as “Extreme Makeover”, “Trading Spaces” and “Design on a Dime”, Jamaicans are rolling up their sleeves on weekends in an attempt to have their homes looking like a classic TV masterpiece! We at Rapid>True Value pride ourselves on always staying ahead of the curve in the game of one-stop shopping and will fulfill your project requirement all under one roof!!
How we came about
In 2004, Hardware & Lumber inherited Jamaica’s leading hardware/home improvement retail brands of Rapid Sheffield, H & L True Value, Carib Enterprise and Colour Choice. H & L set out to consolidate its market position, with the objective of creating a universal brand for its fourteen retail stores islandwide.
On October 1, 2005, H&L True Value stores were re-branded, and the company formally introduced its new retail identity RAPID TRUE VALUE to Jamaica.
The Rapid True Value product offering includes Lumber, paint, hardware, plumbing, lawn and garden supplies, electrical supplies, lighting fixtures, windows, doors, sanitary ware, stationery, house wares and appliances.
Rapid>True Value product offers include:
- Lumber, paint, hardware, plumbing, lawn and garden supplies, electrical supplies, lighting fixtures, windows, doors, sanitary ware, stationery, house wares and appliances all under one roof.
- We offer the latest in kitchen and bathroom trends.
- Our fabricators are professionally trained to fabricate or refurbish your residential/commercial kitchen or bathroom with Wilsonart® surfaces available in laminates or Gibraltar® solid surfaces.
- Our Fabrication Department is ready and able to supply and install the kitchen of your dreams – just come in to any of our stores, make your choice from the wide range of Wilsonart® laminates or Gibraltar® solid surfaces, choose your counter top and cabinet designs, and we will do the rest!
Hardware & Lumber Ltd. operates ten Rapid True Value stores across Jamaica, and are differentiated by Hardware Stores and Home Centres:
- Hardware Stores target mainly, large contractors/developers and resellers.
- Home Centres target do-it-yourselfers.
Despite the stores' differentiating features our number one priority is satisfying our customers needs, as such, we carry over 50,000 products in the True Value range. We offer comfortable, convenient shopping in a relaxing atmosphere - on average our stores offer in excess of 6,000 square feet of retail shopping space.
Our Promise to Customers
Rapid >True Value is focused on improving our level of service, by giving do-it-yourselfers everything to make their lives easier from thought to finish, in a one-stop shopping environment. Our contractors and developers think about things on a larger scale; they look for the same attention to details, quality that outlasts, affordable prices and service that keeps projects going like clockwork. We will continue to tailor our product offerings to meet the demands of our customers in this dynamic home improvement environment.
Retail Stores Islandwide
Today, Rapid operates a total of eleven (10) retail centres islandwide with each focusing on consistently delivering:
- Availability – the widest range of merchandise at the most competitive prices;
- Innovation – first to market with innovative home improvement products and services;
- Service – pleasant, well informed associates delivering great service;
- Accessibility – convenient, aesthetically pleasing locations across Jamaica and
- Visibility – continuous communication flow to include promotions and special activities.
Rapid >True Value retails stores are operated by Hardware and Lumber Limited.